A simple guide to delivering Pie Corbett’s Reading Spine: a programme that helps every child build their inner kingdom of stories. “Imagine a school where children enjoy, discuss and work with a core of around 80 books. These ‘essential reads’ would be a store of classics, creating a living library inside a child’s mind. This is the Reading Spine.
Schools that have a reading spine build a common bank of stories that bind the community together. These are shared and deeply imagined common experiences.” That’s how literacy expert Pie describes the Reading Spine. We love the idea – and if you love it too, this book of ideas and advice will help you get started.
- A read-aloud programme selected by literacy expert Pie Corbett
- Follow six easy steps to create a Reading Spine in your school
- Discover a core selection of classics to share with your pupils
- Bring the books to life in class with engaging teaching notes
- Explore Pie’s top tips for reading aloud with different age groups
This book contains guidance and tips for each book in the Reading Spine, plus a free online video.
Customers will receive links to download the PDF in the Thank You page after the Checkout,
along with an emailed link that will last for 30 days.